Expand/Collapse All

Should recyclables be separated?

Recyclables need not be separated; all recyclable items can be placed together in your curbside recycling container.

Can I still use my red recycling bin?

No, all recyclable items are to be placed in the new roll-out cart. We encourage residents to keep the old 18 gallon recycling bin for use inside the home or garage to collect materials and then transfer them to the roll-out cart outdoors. Residents might want to use it for other purposes; it’s a great storage container or tote for laundry, garden tools, etc.

What can I do if I have too many recyclables for my one recycling cart?

Place additional recyclables in a clear plastic bag on top of the cart or take some of your recycling materials to one of the City’s recycling drop-off centers

What should I do with the cart if I move?

The City-issued recycling cart is assigned to a specific address and is the property of the City of Rocky Mount. The cart is to remain in the backyard or garage when you move.

How can I get a replacement recycling cart if I just moved in and my cart is missing?

Call the Environmental Services Division at 467-4800, option 7, to request a replacement cart.

What can I do if I am physically unable to take my recycling cart to the curb for collection?

If you have a mobility impairment, please contact the Environmental Services Division at 467-4800, option 7, to arrange for assistance.