Business & Collection Services
Address: Business Services Center, 224 S. Franklin Street, Rocky Mount, NC 27804-1180
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm
Drive-Thru Window: Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:30pm
Call Center: Mon – Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm
After Hours Emergency: 252-972-1250 Option 2
Director of Business & Collections Services
224 S. Franklin Street, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Get in Line Virtually or Schedule an Appointment with Smart Line:
Customer Service: New Service, Transfer Service, Disconnect Service, Payment Arrangements.
Collections: Taxes, General Billing, Payment Arrangements.
Business Express: New Service, Temporary Service, Transfer Service, Deposit Requirements
COVID-19 Hardship Assistance Available
Assistance is available for income-eligible city of Rocky Mount residents and utility customers financially impacted by COVID-19. To help with the application process, the Business and Collections Services Department will host two in-person Information and Application Sessions on Monday, Sept. 27 and Wednesday, Oct. 6, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Booker T. Theater in downtown Rocky Mount. Interested applicants should bring the following information when applying:
- Notice of layoff, job closure or furlough on the company’s letter head including a start date of event
- Documentation requiring quarantine due to COVID-19 on agency’s letterhead with number of contact person
- Notarized letter from tenant of applicant’s income rental property indicating the tenant is unable to remit monthly rent due to a COVID-related loss of income with effective date
- Documentation supporting lack of childcare for a school-aged child in conjunction with any documents for leave from applicant’s employer
- A detailed and signed acknowledgement of increased expenses incurred to prevent, prepare for, or respond to COVID-19
- Copy of a valid photo ID and Social Security Card for the applicant
- Proof of current income or lack of for all household members listed on the application.
- Employed: one (1) month of employee’s most recent paystub
- Self-Employed: last two 2 years filed tax returns
- Unemployed: Determination letters for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation, or unemployment
- Benefit Income: Benefit Award or Verification letters for Social Security/SSI, Veteran’s benefits, retirement, or other benefits
- No reported income: Zero Income Affidavit for each individual: minors (under 18 years of age) documents signed by guardian .