Citizen Reporting Center


Please do not report power outages, gas leaks, or other emergency situations by email. Call 252-467-4800 for immediate assistance regarding issues relating to electric, gas, water, or sewer services. Always dial 911 for police, fire, or emergency medical services.

If You Smell Gas

Call the Energy Resources department immediately, anytime day or night at 252-467-4800. Do NOT try to locate the problem yourself. If the odor is inside your home or business, an emergency situation could exist and you should evacuate as a safety measure. Open a window and make sure you use no electrical switches. Extinguish any open flames and evacuate the area.

Flood Damage Reporting

In the aftermath of recent rainstorms that caused the third-worst flooding event in Rocky Mount's history, the city has opened an avenue of communications assistance for residents to report flood damage.

Citizens can send an email to as a means of self-reporting their damage and requesting an assessment from the City of Rocky Mount's Inspections Division. The Rocky Mount Fire Department continues to survey the area to assess damages related to the storms. Information gathered will be shared with North Carolina Emergency Management and the Federal Emergency Management Agency for data purposes.

Citizen's Reporting Center

Your contact information:



NOTE: Because we may need to contact you to confirm all or part of this form, you must provide your email address.

If you need assistance other than the issues listed above, please call the City's switchboard at 252-972-1111 to be directed to the appropriate department.

Security Measure