Business & Collection Services
Energy Share is a weatherization rebate program exclusively for City of Rocky Mount residential utility customers. Through Energy Share, the city’s electric or natural gas customers can receive a cash rebate of up to $500 for work related to attic weatherization, up to $1,000 for a replacement HVAC system, and/or up to $250 for ductwork.
Application for the program will be available July 1, 2022, via this website or in person at the Business Service Center 224 South Franklin Street, NC 27804
For questions and assistance with the application process, please contact a Customer Assistance team member at: 252-972-1533 or by fax 252-972-1257.
Who is eligible for the Energy Share program?
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be the homeowner, however, owner occupancy is not required
- Be a City of Rocky Mount resident with an active gas/electric utility account
- Be willing to make the subject property available for an energy audit
*Applicants are defined as the party that can authorize improvements as outlined in the program to the subject property.
What properties are eligible?
To be eligible the subject property must meet the following guidelines
- Single-family residence or duplex
- The overall condition of the property must be energy efficient
- Must have load management switches on all subject property appliances including water heater and heat strips*
*load management switches will be installed at the time of the energy audit
Are there any additional program requirements?
The following are other requirements:
- Improvements eligible for rebate must be paid with check(s), credit cards, or money orders
- New and replacement HVAC units must have a minimum efficiency rating of 15 SEER
- Attic weatherization projects must meet the minimum R38 value
Energy Share Virtual Class
Note: This video is the required educational component for WARM and Energy Share participants. Those seeking to meet program requirements must complete the acknowledge form on this page after watching.