Citizen Reporting Center


NOTE: Please do not report power outages, gas leaks, or other emergency situations by email. Call 252-467-4800 for immediate assistance regarding issues relating to electric, gas, water, or sewer services. Always dial 911 for police, fire, or emergency medical services.

What to do if you smell gas: Call the Energy Resources department immediately, anytime day or night at 252-467-4800. Do NOT try to locate the problem yourself. If the odor is inside your home or business, an emergency situation could exist and you should evacuate as a safety measure. Open a window and make sure you use no electrical switches. Extinguish any open flames and evacuate the area.

Citizen's Reporting Center

Your contact information:



NOTE: Because we may need to contact you to confirm all or part of this form, you must provide your email address.

If you need assistance other than the issues listed above, please call the City's switchboard at 252-972-1111 to be directed to the appropriate department.

Security Measure