Police Department Careers
CID (Property Crimes Section, Major Case Section, Family Services, Fraud)
Major Crimes Duties
- Prepares and reviews written reports of investigative activities, arrests offenders; testifies in court regarding investigative activities.
- Interview witnesses, victims, & suspects to obtain accurate, relevant information to assist in investigations
- Prepare investigative & supplemental reports on assigned criminal cases accurately documenting findings & providing reliable data.
- Obtain search and arrest warrants as needed for investigations, complying with applicable regulations/law.
- Compile all investigative information enabling proper preparation, documentation, and presentation in a court of law.
Family Services Duties
- Conduct advanced investigations and follow-up procedures for cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse
- Perform follow-up investigations of cases and conducting abuse risk and safety assessments.
- Investigate claims of neglect and abuse by conducting interviews.
- Assist victims of crime of Domestic Violence with relocating to Domestic Violence Shelter and obtaining Protection Orders
- Interviews persons connected with crimes against children; investigates offenses involving youth; counsels delinquent and pre-delinquent youth, including referral to social service agencies; cooperates with representative of social service agencies in protecting youth from crime.
- Presents evidence and testimony in court.
- Prepares case files and notes related to case management; prepares documents for district attorney and presentations to court.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have information about a crime? You can submit an annonymous tip.
The Rocky Mount Chief of Police oversees four major divisions in addition to other staff.