Police Department Careers
CID (Property Crimes Section, Major Case Section, Family Services, Fraud)
Major Crimes Duties
- Prepares and reviews written reports of investigative activities, arrests offenders; testifies in court regarding investigative activities.
- Interview witnesses, victims, & suspects to obtain accurate, relevant information to assist in investigations
- Prepare investigative & supplemental reports on assigned criminal cases accurately documenting findings & providing reliable data.
- Obtain search and arrest warrants as needed for investigations, complying with applicable regulations/law.
- Compile all investigative information enabling proper preparation, documentation, and presentation in a court of law.
Family Services Duties
- Conduct advanced investigations and follow-up procedures for cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse
- Perform follow-up investigations of cases and conducting abuse risk and safety assessments.
- Investigate claims of neglect and abuse by conducting interviews.
- Assist victims of crime of Domestic Violence with relocating to Domestic Violence Shelter and obtaining Protection Orders
- Interviews persons connected with crimes against children; investigates offenses involving youth; counsels delinquent and pre-delinquent youth, including referral to social service agencies; cooperates with representative of social service agencies in protecting youth from crime.
- Presents evidence and testimony in court.
- Prepares case files and notes related to case management; prepares documents for district attorney and presentations to court.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have information about a crime? You can submit an annonymous tip.
Learn about Career Opportunities with the Rocky Mount Police Department.
The Rocky Mount Chief of Police oversees four major divisions in addition to other staff.