Police Department Careers
Gang Unit (VIOU) Job Description
- Validate gang members based on the criteria set forth by the North Carolina Gang Investigator’s Association and state law
- Gather intelligence on gang members and their activities
- Investigate and apprehend gang members
- Weapons and narcotics seizures from gangs
- Provide gang awareness training/presentations to community organizations, city departments and schools
- Assist the Criminal Investigation Division and other divisions within the police department with gang related crimes
- Provide expert gang testimony in federal and state court
- Maintain current databases on validated gang members and their criminal activity
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have information about a crime? You can submit an annonymous tip.
The Rocky Mount Chief of Police oversees four major divisions in addition to other staff.