Police Department Careers
Homicide Unit Job Description
- Responding to and investigating crime scenes
- Interviewing witnesses and victims and taking their statements
- Preparing and executing search warrants
- Interviewing suspects
- Working with other law enforcement agencies and officials
- Serving felony warrants and arresting suspects
- Attending autopsies
- Perform background research of suspects
- Locating relevant information and investigating suspicious activity
- Keeping detailed records and writing reports associated with the criminal investigation
- Testifying in court
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have information about a crime? You can submit an annonymous tip.
The Rocky Mount Chief of Police oversees four major divisions in addition to other staff.