Police Department Careers
Patrol Services Job Description
This is responsible protective service work under regular supervision, which involves using communication skills, human relations skills, and appropriate discretion to maintain the public order, respond to service calls, and ensure the compliance of the general public with state/federal laws and local ordinances.
Patrol Services Duties
- Investigate traffic crashes and crimes; prepare timely and accurate
- reports to document performance and to assist effective
- investigations to facilitate timely, effective resolution.
- Promptly respond to calls for service and perform other routine
- duties in accordance with City policy and regulations.
- Promptly serve warrants, subpoenas and other court papers;
- prepare cases and testify in District and Superior Courts.
- Recognize problems and recommend solutions to reduce criminal
- activity in assigned district.
- Attend and/or give presentations to community/civic groups to increase positive police presence in communities.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have information about a crime? You can submit an annonymous tip.
Learn about Career Opportunities with the Rocky Mount Police Department.
The Rocky Mount Chief of Police oversees four major divisions in addition to other staff.