Police Department Careers
Patrol Services Job Description
Patrol Services Duties
- Investigate traffic crashes and crimes; prepare timely and accurate
- reports to document performance and to assist effective
- investigations to facilitate timely, effective resolution.
- Promptly respond to calls for service and perform other routine
- duties in accordance with City policy and regulations.
- Promptly serve warrants, subpoenas and other court papers;
- prepare cases and testify in District and Superior Courts.
- Recognize problems and recommend solutions to reduce criminal
- activity in assigned district.
- Attend and/or give presentations to community/civic groups to increase positive police presence in communities.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have information about a crime? You can submit an annonymous tip.
The Rocky Mount Chief of Police oversees four major divisions in addition to other staff.