Police Department Careers
Traffic Enforcement Crash Reconstruction Unit Job Description
The Rocky Mount Police Department Traffic Enforcement Crash Reconstruction Unit (TECRU) leads the department’s efforts in traffic crash reduction and traffic law enforcement. The unit focuses on traffic crash reduction through traffic law enforcement and education. Officers assigned to the unit receive advanced training in traffic crash investigation and reconstruction. Officers use a data-driven approach to identify areas where crashes are occurring and take necessary enforcement actions to reduce them. A variety of resources are used to accomplish this including marked and unmarked police vehicles, traffic studies, and speed trailers. The TECRU partners with other local law enforcement agencies and organizations to improve traffic safety throughout our community. The TECRU is an active participant in the North Carolina Governor’s Highway Safety Program and Watch for Me NC.
- Conducts patrols in various areas focusing on traffic violations
- Investigates serious/fatal vehicle crashes
- Operates speed measuring equipment (Radar/Lidar)
- Prepares and submits citations, reports, and other documents
- Preforms traffic studies in complaint/problem areas
- Makes presentations to community groups regarding traffic safet
- Participates in Departmental and Multi-Jurisdictional traffic enforcement efforts
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have information about a crime? You can submit an annonymous tip.
Learn about Career Opportunities with the Rocky Mount Police Department.
The Rocky Mount Chief of Police oversees four major divisions in addition to other staff.