Services: Employee Health & Wellness
The Employee Health Center, staffed by a Registered Nurse and Administrative Clerk, provides quality health and wellness services for City employees and retirees. Treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses, counselling and referrals for medical conditions that are not work-related, immunizations, preventive care, health education and wellness activities are offered as benefits to employees and to promote a healthy and productive workforce.
- Evaluation and treatment of occupational and some non-occupational injuries/illness per MD protocol.
- Pre-employment health histories and occupational-specific medical tests (CBC w/diff, EKG, Lipid Profile, ∙ Urinalysis, Pulmonary Function Test, Strength and Fitness Exams, Hearing Test.)
- Counselling and referrals for medical treatment and testing.
- Health and wellness screenings.
- Coordination and tracking of alcohol/drug screening program.
- Wellness activities (on-going nutrition & weight management programs; Biennial Health Fair; Annual Influenza vaccines.)
- Facilitation of Employee Assistance Program referrals.
- CPR and First Aid training.
- Initial assessment & follow-up on Workers’ Compensation claims.
For more information, visit our office or call 252-972-1186.